Advancing PrEP in Family Planning Clinics: What will it take?
While approximately 468,000 women in the US are eligible for PrEP, fewer than 5% have been prescribed it. Strategies to scale up this highly effective HIV prevention strategy among women, and particularly among women of color at risk for HIV, are urgently needed.
Women’s health care providers are uniquely positioned to screen for, counsel about, and offer PrEP. This webinar is intended to increase participants’ understanding of the role family planning providers can play as key implementers of PrEP in the US. We will hear from public health-affiliated and private family planning providers about the opportunities and challenges of offering PrEP, and highlight a new Family Planning Provider PrEP Toolkit. Participants will identify areas of need where organizations may benefit from capacity building assistance (CBA) services.
To listen and view a copy of this webinar, please click here.
- For a copy of the presentation by: Gary Naja-Riese, MSW; Manager, SFDPH Capacity Building Assistance Program (getSFCBA.org), please click here.
- For a copy of the presentation by: Dominika Seidman, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, UCSF, please click here.
- For a copy of the presentation by: Courtney Benedict, MSN, CNM, FNP Associate Director, Medical Standards Implementation, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, please click here.
- For a copy of the presentation by: Kathy Dobson, Education Manager, Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida, please click here.
- To access the Family Planning Provider Toolkit by: Yamini Oseguera-Bhatnagar POWER Health Coordinator, HIVE, please click here. To see a brief demo of the toolkit, click here.