Public Health Detailing Institute
San Francisco, CA
In order to scale up pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and rapid initiation of antiretrovirals after HIV diagnoses (RAPID), it is important that clinical providers are knowledgeable about both of these highly effective biomedical prevention strategies. Public Health Detailing is an evidence-based approach to encourage clinical practice change through brief, educational, one-on-one provider visits. The Institute will provide an expert-led overview of Public Health Detailing and a review of successful detailing programs focused on PrEP and RAPID from various jurisdictions in the United States.
INSTITUTE PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Plan, develop, and implement a Public Health Detailing program to educate providers in their jurisdiction about providing PrEP and/or RAPID, and
• Develop key messages, conduct provider visits, and evaluate their new detailing programs.
WHY SHOULD MY HEALTH DEPARTMENT PARTICIPATE?
• PrEP and RAPID are highly effective and evidence-based biomedical strategies to reduce HIV transmission and acquisition, but inconsistent awareness and comfort among providers hinder wide-spread/universal access.
• Public Health Detailing can be an effective and efficient way to increase provider knowledge and competency with providing PrEP and RAPID.
• Public Health Detailing can build community capacity to advance the priorities identified in CDC’s Integrated HIV Surveillance and Prevention Funding for Health Departments (FOA PS18-1802)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Health Departments from the South, in high impact jurisdictions, and those who are considering implementing a PHD program in the next year are highly encouraged to apply.
• It is recommended that two staff from each participating health department attend this Institute, including at least one person who will be responsible for managing the detailing program.
HOW DO I APPLY TO ATTEND?
Space is limited for this three-day Institute.
Please complete our application form by clicking Register to the right.
The registration deadline is Dec 17, 2018.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending. CEUs available (units pending) for Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC), and Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP)