We provide free, customized, peer-to-peer capacity building assistance in high-impact HIV prevention to health departments in the West Region of the U.S.
Our team of experts in HIV Testing in Community Settings and Prevention for HIV-Negative Persons will work with your health department or community-based organization on any needs you may have in these topic areas.
We can provide capacity building assistance in multiple ways: information dissemination, technical assistance (online and in-person), and through learning collaboratives. Some activities we offer: peer-to-peer mentoring, site visits, resources and toolkits, online learning collaboratives, and webinars.
Our goal is to help your health department or community-based organization implement high impact HIV prevention strategies in your jurisdiction.
How we help:
Customized Technical Assistance
Our customized technical assistance incorporates a peer-to-peer mentoring model with a focus on what your health department or community-based organization needs and who can best provide it. If we’re not the right team, we’ll connect you with our CBA partners in the West or other regional experts. Some examples of the technical assistance we provide include:
- Strategizing on how to target HIV testing to certain populations in a local jurisdiction.
- Working with health departments and community-based organizations around policy and logistics of increasing the uptake of PrEP.
- Helping script a conversation for health departments and community-based organizations to talk to clinical providers in their jurisdiction about PrEP.
Partnerships & Learning Collaboratives
We’re excited to host a number of opportunities that allow health departments to partner with each other and share best practices. In addition to providing technical assistance on health department/community-based organization partnerships, our CBA program also hosts a number of learning collaboratives for the HIV Prevention workforce.
These collaboratives meet monthly for video conference calls, where we discuss the latest in policy, guidelines, and implementation, and share our collective experiences.
Topics have included: PrEP media campaigns, increasing HIV testing with Transgender women, Academic Detailing, and Navigation.
These online collaboratives are also paired with a website containing a curated library of resources and discussion forums.
We provide online technical assistance through webinars and customized one-on-one sessions via videoconferencing. Some examples of our online technical assistance include:
- A webinar on how to incorporate Home HIV testing into your local efforts.
- One-on-One ‘office hours’ sessions to discuss how to incorporate lessons learned from webinars into your local work.
- A collaborative online session with health department or community-based organization staff on advancing PrEP in pharmacies via videoconference.
Information & Resource Sharing
We share tools, resources, and protocols that our CBA Specialists have developed in their HIV prevention work. Examples of some of the resources we can share include:
- San Francisco Department of Public Health’s PrEP training materials for counselors.
- A slide deck explaining PrEP access and financing.
- Policies and Operations Manual for HIV/HCV testing in community-based settings.