6th Annual Public Health Detailing Institute: A Syndemic Approach, March 29-31, 2023 (San Francisco, CA)
Public Health Detailing is an evidence-based approach to encourage clinical practice change through brief, educational, one-on-one health care provider visits. The 2023 Institute will bring together West Region state and local health departments (HDs) that are interested in launching a program or expanding the scope of their existing HIV prevention-focused detailing programs to adopt a syndemic approach. Additional strategies may include detailing on opioid use, sexually transmitted infections (including syphilis) and other public health issues that drive health inequities. Participants will receive tailored technical assistance to bring their detailing programs to the next level.
Pre-Institute Public Health Detailing 101 Virtual Workshop (NEW)
This year, the Public Health Detailing Institute will be preceded by an optional Pre-Institute Virtual Workshop on Public Health Detailing 101, hosted by NaRCAD.
- When: March 7-9, 2023, 10am-2pm
- Where: Virtual
- What: The Pre-Institute is for individuals who are new to public health detailing or for those who want to enhance their detailing skills before attending the advanced, in-person Detailing Institute (3/29-31). Space will be limited to 20 participants.
6th Annual Public Health Detailing Institute: A Syndemic Approach (in-person)
- When: March 29-31, 2023 (2 and 1/2 days)
- Where: 25 Van Ness Ave, Room 610, San Francisco, CA 94102 (in-person)
- What: Experienced detailers and detailing program managers. Also open to new staff who attend the Pre-Institute. Space will be limited to 25 participants.
- Health departments and their affiliated partners from the West Region of the U.S.
- We encourage 2 staff from each program attend (e.g., a program manager and a detailer)
- Applications are now closed!
This event is made possible by cooperative agreement PS19-1904 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of CDC. We are accredited to provide continuing education units (CEUs) for Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC), and Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP).
Hosted by getSFcba in collaboration with NaRCAD for the West Region
For questions about eligibility, please email