SHARP- Summer HIV/AIDS Research Program
SHARP is an innovative summer mentored research internship and learning experience designed to inspire students from underrepresented communities to pursue further studies and careers in public health-oriented clinical and socio-behavioral HIV research that advance racial equity.
- Hands-on experience conducting a research project matched to scholars’
- One-on-one mentoring from experienced researchers
Exposure to community-engaged research and public health career options
Networking & social events
- Engaging workshops led by experts in HIV/AIDS, substance use, mental health
and racial equity
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program or community college OR
be a recent graduate (less than two years since graduation)
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Paid internship from June 6th-August 12th, 2022
- Based at the San Francisco Department of Public Health and University
of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- Housing and travel stipends for eligible scholars